Lacoste (“We”) take(s) very seriously the privacy of any person who visits our online boutique www.Lacoste.com (the “Website”), and the physical Lacoste boutiques (the “Boutiques”), and more generally, the privacy of any persons who provide their Personal Data (term defined hereafter) during contact with our brand (“You”).
The Lacoste group, including in particular the companies Lacoste Operations S.A., Lacoste S.A.S, Lacoste France S.A.S. and Lacoste E-commerce S.A.S., located at 31-37 boulevard de Montmorency, 75016 Paris, France, is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data (“Lacoste” or “We”).
We undertake to process your Personal Data securely and in compliance with the regulations applicable in France and in the European Union in the field of personal data protection (“Applicable Regulations”), including in particular:
- the French Data Protection Act no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as amended, and any updates thereto;
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data (the “GDPR”) and any other subsequent text including its implementing texts;
- texts adopted within the European Union and local laws applicable to Personal Data, where appropriate;
- texts and decisions issued by supervisory authorities.
This person can be contacted for any question relating to your Personal Data, using the Contact Form and selecting as reason for the contact “Personal Data”.
“Personal Data” means any information about you that makes you directly or indirectly personally identifiable.
We therefore collect:
- your title, surname and first name,
- postal address and telephone number,
- email address,
- bank card numbers collected during your order and processed by our banking service providers responsible for managing payments,
- username and password,
- date of birth,
- correspondence by email, chat or via social networks, and/or telephone exchanges with customer service, as well as any other data enabling the monitoring of the business relationship,
- your image taken by CCTV cameras present in the Boutiques where applicable,
- cookies and other trackers including the data mentioned in the section WHAT IS OUR COOKIE MANAGEMENT POLICY (TRACKERS)?, IP address and other information that allows you to be identified and that you make available to us at any time;
- any other information that allows you to be identified and that you make available to us at any time (via social networks, our chat, etc.)
If you log in to our Website through Facebook or Google authentication, Facebook or Google will provide us with personal information about you, depending on the choices you have made via Facebook or Google, through the email address you have entered on Facebook or Google.
We may collect your Personal Data whenever you:
- visit the Website;
- log in or create a customer account on the Website or in a Boutique;
- place an order on the Website, in a Boutique or by telephone;
- return your order;
- sign up for the Newsletter;
- take part in a competition organised by us or by one of our partners;
- send a complaint, ask a question or send us your comments;
- provide us with your Personal Data on the Website or by any other means;
- interact with us via our official social networks.
On the basis of the contract binding us, a legal obligation, our legitimate interest, or after having obtained your consent, we process your Personal Data to fulfil the following purposes:
Purposes of processing and grounds for processing :
- Fulfilment of orders placed on the Website, by telephone or in Boutiques
Management of customer relations (telephone, emails, chat), account creation, order tracking, product returns and refunds
Management of customer complaints or product inquiries (warranty) : Performance of the contract between a Customer and Lacoste
- Management of payment transactions and issuance of an invoice : Performance of the contract between a Customer and Lacoste
- Combating fraud : Lacoste’s legitimate interest
- Management of delivery operations : Performance of the contract between a Customer and Lacoste
- Management of complaints or questions about products or our brand : Lacoste’s legitimate interest
- Managing and improving the customer account, in particular by offering new features or services : Lacoste’s legitimate interest designed to improve the service
- Managing customer satisfaction through customer reviews of products and of customer service performance : Lacoste’s legitimate interest designed to improve products and service
- Recording of exchanges between customer service and the customer by telephone or chat, for the purpose of improving the service : Lacoste’s legitimate interest designed to improve the quality of the service
- Customer statistics, analysis, selection and segmentation operations to improve our knowledge of the customer : Lacoste’s legitimate interest to better know its customers, in particular in order to adapt its offers to customers
- Website development and improvement : Lacoste’s legitimate interest designed to improve the service
- Management of requests related to the exercise of your rights : Legal obligation
- Sending targeted commercial offers concerning existing or new products and services by electronic means (by email, by mobile notifications or on the Website, on social networks, or on other websites), by telephone (voice & SMS) or in the Boutique : Customer Consent
- Sending of commercial offers concerning products and services by post : Customer Consent
- Website traffic measurement (mobile and desktop) : Customer Consent
- Provision of sharing tools on social networks : Customer Consent
- Analysis of customer behaviour on the Website or in the Boutiques, and their reactions to marketing campaigns in order to improve and customise products and services, and to offer them in the form of commercial communications and/or advertising
- Personalization of the browsing experience on the Website and of the advertisements offered on our or our partners’ behalf on our Website or third-party media, based on the customer’s affinities : Customer Consent
You can subscribe to the Newsletter directly on the Website, when ordering, or in Boutiques, and thus choose to be informed, at regular intervals, of the offers offered on the Website and/or by the Boutiques.
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link provided for this purpose located at the bottom of each of the newsletters or by using the Contact Form.
We may transfer all or part of your Personal Data to the following entities:
1. to the various companies of the Lacoste Group as well as to our franchisees, licensees and distributors, who may use your Personal Data only to send you information and commercial offers, concerning existing or new Lacoste products, subject to having obtained your consent;
2. to certain of our service providers who, on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, process your personal data in order to help us perform the following services:
- Fulfilment of your order, including preparation and delivery of your products,
- Safe execution of your payment,
- Combating fraud and collecting, where applicable, unpaid amounts,
- Sending marketing emails and mobile notifications,
- Storage of all your Personal Data,
- Personalization of our Website based on your affinities,
- Management of chat, telephone calls and any recordings
- Management of the way in which post is sent,
- Carrying out technical maintenance and development operations on the Website, and on the Lacoste information systems,
- Gathering of customer opinions,
- Analysis of your use of the Website to improve the quality and effectiveness of the Website.
It should be noted that the entities to which we transmit your Personal Data are contractually bound to confidentiality as well as to compliance with the Applicable Regulations concerning the protection of your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data is stored in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), i.e. the 28 Member States of the European Union, as well as Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, where the Website servers are hosted.
Some of the service providers or subcontractors to which we transfer your Personal Data, as shown in the section TO WHOM DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?, are established outside the EEA, and sometimes in countries not recognised by the European Commission as having an adequate level of protection. In this case, in accordance with the Applicable Regulations, we undertake to:
- enter into a cross-border flow agreement with such companies, in accordance with the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission, or
- collaborate with companies with Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) allowing cross-border transfers.
You can obtain further details on this subject and, if necessary, obtain a copy of the cross-border flow agreements concluded with our partners, by sending your request via the Contact Form.
We have put in place internal procedures to ensure the security of your Personal Data whenever they are used, transferred or stored. We also maintain the procedures put in place to ensure their compliance with the Applicable Regulations.
These security procedures include:
- the undertaking by our contractors and subcontractors, where we have used their service, in particular to make the Website and its contents available to you, or to fulfil your orders (including telephone orders), that they will respect their contractual obligations to ensure adequate protection of the Personal Data to which they have access;
- limiting access to your Personal Data to employees subject to an obligation of confidentiality, and who require access to your Personal Data in order to provide you with products and services, and/or which is justified by their duties;
- the implementation of precautionary measures to protect your Personal Data against destruction, loss or deterioration, and to prevent any unauthorised access to your Personal Data;
- the storage of your Personal Data on servers offering full security guarantees. The data are retained in accordance with the Applicable Regulations for the time limits mentioned in the section HOW LONG ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA RETAINED?.The Deadlines thus mentioned do not exceed the time required to achieve the purposes listed in the section WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In accordance with the Applicable Regulations, you have the right to exercise the following rights:
- The right to access your data,
- The right to rectification and the right to erasure of your data (right to be forgotten),
- The right to restrict the processing of your data,
- The right to data portability,
- The right to object to the processing of your data,
- The right to define instructions regarding what is to be done with your data after your death.
In order to exercise these rights, you can contact us using one of the following means of communication:
- via the Form, by selecting the contact reason “personal data”,
- by post, accompanied by a copy of your identity papers, marked for the attention of the Customer Service Department (à l’attention du Service Client), at the following address: Lacoste S.A.S, 31-37 boulevard de Montmorency, 75 016 Paris, France.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
When you visit the Website, we may place small pieces of information on your computer known as "cookies", which will be stored by your browser on your hard drive. In particular, these cookies allow us to:
- Ensure the proper functioning of our Website and improve your shopping experience,
- Analyse our traffic and optimise the performance of our Website,
- Offer content tailored to your areas of interest,
- Deliver targeted ads on and off our Website, including social media, and ads based on your location,
- Ensure connection to our Website through social media or other third party websites ; and
- Remember you and your credentials in order to facilitate your next login.
We use the following cookies:
- Technical cookies related to Website features (mandatory)
These cookies are essential to the proper functioning of our Website and cannot be configured. These cookies allow you to browse the Website, use its features and save your preferences, such as the language used, access to your account, products added to the shopping basket, etc. and secure our Website against possible fraud through predictive analytics. If fraud is suspected by our systems, thus depriving you of the possibility of placing an order on the Website, you will be informed immediately and you will then have the possibility of contacting customer service in order to obtain a review of your payment.
- Website analytics cookies
These so-called performance cookies enable us to measure traffic on the Website (number of visits, pages viewed, sources of traffic, etc.), to analyse how you browse the Website, and your reactions to the products we offer, in order to optimise its performance. They collect information about how visitors browse the Website, to help us improve the ergonomics and features of the site. By accepting these cookies, you are helping to improve our Website.
- Cookies relating to your preferences (Experience and relationship)
When you browse or shop online, the Website stores your preferences. This simplifies, facilitates and personalises your browsing experience to best handle your preferences and fulfil your expectations. These cookies enable us to offer you recommended products, relevant services or content on the site, in emails sent to you or in stores in line with your expectations and preferences. They can also be used to test and improve the ergonomics of the site. Without these cookies, your use of the site may be slowed and the relevance of recommendations limited.
- Geolocation cookies:
These cookies allow you to benefit from certain service features offered on the Website (e.g. store opening days and times, etc.).
- Targeted cookies or advertising cookies (Marketing & Social Media):
These cookies are used to place adverts on and off our website, including on social networks. To do this, we may need to send your encrypted email address to partner social networks. In addition, these cookies limit the number of times you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. They collect certain items of information to better target ads based on your interests. If you disable these cookies, advertisements (including ours) will continue to appear while you browse the site, but they will not take your interests into account and will therefore be less relevant.
- Social Media Cookies:
These cookies are used to allow you to connect to our Website through social networks such as Facebook, Google, and other third party sites.
The storage of cookies on your device depends on your choices, except for the operating and security cookies that are necessary for the proper functioning of our Website. Cookies are stored, based on your preferences, for a period of 13 months.
You may freely express and change your preferences by clicking on “Cookies Settings” at the bottom of the Website page.
You can also disable cookies independently by adjusting your browser settings, but be aware that by disabling cookies you may not be able to use all the features of the Website. Here is some information on how to disable cookies for some web browsers:
1. Click on the Menu ≡ button and select Options.
2. Select the Privacy & Security panel.
3. Under Enhanced Tracking Protection, select the Custom radio button to choose what to block.
4. Select the Cookies checkbox. Cross-site and social media trackers is the default setting.
To block all third-party cookies, select All third-party cookies (may cause websites to break) from the drop-down.
5. Close the about: preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
If you don't want sites to store cookies on your PC, you can block cookies. But doing this might prevent some pages from displaying correctly, or you might get a message from a site letting you know that you need to allow cookies to view that site.
1. In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
2. Select the Privacy tab, and under Settings, select Advanced and choose whether you want to accept, block, or be prompted for first-party and third-party cookies.
You can block or allow all cookies by default. You can also allow cookies from a specific site, while blocking third-party cookies in ads or images on that web page.
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
3. Under 'Privacy and security', click Cookies and other site data.
4. Select an option:
- 'Allow all cookies'
- 'Block all cookies (not recommended)'.
- 'Block third-party cookies in Incognito'
- 'Block third-party cookies'.
Important: If you block third-party cookies, all cookies and site data from other sites will be blocked, even if the site is allowed on your exceptions list.
In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy, then do any of the following:
- Prevent trackers from using cookies and website data to track you: Select “Prevent cross-site tracking”.
Cookies and website data are deleted unless you visit and interact with the trackers’ websites.
- Always block cookies: Select “Block all cookies”.
Websites, third parties and advertisers can’t store cookies and other data on your Mac. This may prevent some websites from working properly.
- Always allow cookies: Deselect “Block all cookies”.
Websites, third parties and advertisers can store cookies and other data on your Mac.
- Remove stored cookies and data: Click Manage Website Data, select one or more websites, then click Remove or Remove All.
Removing the data may reduce tracking, but may also log you out of websites or change website behaviour.
- See which websites store cookies or data: Click Manage Website Data.
Note: Changing your cookie preferences or removing cookies and website data in Safari may change or remove them in other apps.
You can delete the "Remember me" cookie by logging out of your account or in your account page.
For the processing of personal data relating to the management of e-commerce customers, Boutique customers and prospects, including in particular the management of customer relations, the management of marketing campaigns, the monitoring of in-store e-reservations, the management of defective products and the monitoring of parcels, we will apply the following retention periods:
- Personal Data relating to customers: duration of the contractual relationship plus legal limitation periods, i.e. 5 years
- Data relating to non-customer prospects: 3 years from last active contact with our brand
- Historical purchasing and browsing cookies: 13 months
- Bank card number and validity date: 13 months, following the debit date or 15 months in the case of deferred debit payment cards;
- The credit card visual cryptogram: the time of the transaction;
- The videos taken by CCTV cameras: 30 days.
- Cookie that identifies the user for their next session: 6 months
The deletion of your personal data from our active database will be followed by an interim archiving period for certain personal data in order to meet our legal, accounting and tax obligations, and also to be able to manage any claims and requests for guarantees, within the applicable limitation periods.
if your personal data were to be subsequently archived, they will be automatically irreversibly anonymised.
We may offer you access links from our Website to other websites. However, we will not be responsible for the content or information collection policies on these websites. If you visit third party websites, we recommend that you check their privacy policies before sharing your personal data with them. We cannot be held responsible in this regard.
- via the Form by selecting the contact reason “Personal Data”
- by post, accompanied by a copy of your identity papers, marked for the attention of the Customer Service Department (à l’attention du Service Clients), at the following address: Lacoste S.A.S, 31-37 boulevard de Montmorency, 75016 Paris, France.