We collect the following information from you when you visit our Site:
(1) Personal Information, which is information that specifically identifies an individual (such as first and last name or email address).
(2) Non-Personal Information, such as your IP address, data that is collected via cookies, web beacons or other technical mechanisms, or data about your mobile device. This information does not identify you personally, but it may provide us with information about your interests, the web sites, products or services that you view, and the method you use to access the Site. We may also tie this non-personal information with personal information, in order to provide you with better recommendations, help authenticate you or other data or information you may provide, prevent fraud, and ensure that the Site meets your needs. Please note that Lacoste does not currently support Do Not Track browser settings and does not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your information.
(3) Aggregate Data, which is non-personal information that may be collected about a group, a category of services or users. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users' needs so that we can improve or tailor our products and services. For example, we may collect data about the searching habits of residents of a particular state or country, without tying this data to any specific personal information about those residents.
(4) Demographic Information, which may be your gender, age, zip code and interests, which we may obtain from you, or from other third parties. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Site meets your needs. For example, we may serve you with an advertisement based on the content you view while on our Site.
(5) Geolocation Data, which is information about your geographic location, may be collected if your personal or non-personal information indicates a certain geographic location or if you access the Site from a mobile device. This information may help us provide recommendations to you based on your location, serve you with advertisements or direct you to a product or service that we believe may be of interest to you and that is marketed to people near your location.
We may collect this information from you in the following instances:
* We may collect your first and last name, mailing address, phone number, email address and credit card information if you make a purchase via the Site;
* We may collect your email address, and first and last name if you sign-up with the Site;
* We may collect your email address and phone number if you contact us with a question;
* We may collect aggregate data or demographic information from you if you visit the Site;
* We may collect geolocation data from users who visit our web site via their mobile device, or otherwise provide us with such data at the time of purchase;
* We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in one of our promotions, such Lacoste Club or a contest or sweepstakes; and
* We may collect your first and last name, your address, and your credit card and billing information if you make a purchase of a signed article via the Site.
* We may collect information about the products that are of interest to you when you view products on the Site, place items in your shopping cart, or share products on social media. We may also collection information from you when you communicate with us via third party social media sites.
> The above list provides an example of the information that may be collected on the Site. If you do not want Lacoste to collect your information, please do not use the Site.
We may use your personal information that is collected on the Site primarily for the following purposes:
* To keep track of products that are of interest to you, any purchase made by you, or to otherwise deliver products that you purchase;
* To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from Lacoste, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials;
* To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
* To market products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, or which may be available in your area of residence;
* To conduct marketing analysis and deliver you with content or features that we believe may assist you or otherwise be of interest to you;
* To tie your personal information to your non-personal information or demographic information in order to provide you with recommendations for products or services that are based on your interests, your age or your location;
* To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
* To ensure the Site is relevant to your needs;
* To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
* To administer our Site, or anticipate and resolve problems with the Site;
* To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Site; and
* To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or if you inquire about the status of an order.
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following instances:
(i) To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you place an order for an item from the Site, we may share your personal information to process this order. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personal information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
(ii) To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personal or non-personal information, including any aggregate data, demographic information or geolocation data for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use this information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. When we share your information with these parties, we seek to ensure that the party with whom we share the information will maintain it securely and in accordance with the applicable laws. If you do not want us to share your personal information in this manner, please do not use the Site.
(iii) To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on Lacoste's behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personal information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Site will have access to users' personal information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not use the Site.
(iv) To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the Site, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personal information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
(v) To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Lacoste or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
(vi) To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
(vii) To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
We use non-personal information collected on the Site in the manner disclosed above, in the Section A (2). We may share this non-personal information with third parties, and we also may combine it with personal information in some instances.
We may send you communications or data regarding the Site, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of the Site, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) information or materials regarding transactions, products and/or services purchased or selected by you. By using and/or registering with the Site, you agree to receive this type of communication from us. To remove yourself from our email list, please email email@example.com .
Note however, that some email messages may be more commercial in nature, as they may advertise a feature of our Site or services, a product or service we believe that you may be interested in, or otherwise discuss a marketing campaign or promotion offered by Lacoste. We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these commercial emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message.
If you give us your cell phone number, we may ask you to sign-up for our text message program. In the event you sign-up for such a program and would like to be unsubscribed, you may reply with the message "STOP". Please note you may receive more messages before your STOP request is fully processed. Message and data rates may apply.
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Site. The Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites.
We may work with advertisers, third party ad networks, and other advertising companies to serve targeted advertisements on our behalf on the Site or on third party websites. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Site or other sites (such as through cookies, web beacons and other technologies) to enable such companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which webpages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices please click here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal and non-personal information collected via the Site.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to Lacoste is done at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this Site. We may post a notice on our Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding Lacoste's disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us:
551 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Effective Date: January 24, 2013
Last Updated: September 2014